WORLD MARKETS RISK DISCLAIMER
The below disclosure statement describes some specific risks associated with the trading of securities, cryptocurrencies and engaging in the sale or purchase of bullion products (collectively “Trading activities”) on World Markets. These risks should be evaluated before deciding to engage in Trading activities through our website.
Trading in cryptocurrencies, foreign currency (FOREX), securities, and bullion products is a speculative business which may result in a total or partial loss of funds (even a loss of up to excess of your initial margin capital); therefore, engaging in Trading activities on our website should not be done with funds that are meant for your survival or well-being or funds that you cannot easily let go if lost. You are responsible for determining whether trading on our website fits your investment objectives or financial position. If you are not conversant or knowledgeable about either the specific rules and policies that guide Trading activities on our website or the general risk associated with trading on cryptocurrencies, securities, and bullion products, you are at this moment implored to stop the use of our website for your Trading activities. Notwithstanding this disclosure, the risk in Trading activities is characterized by the below factors;
• Spot trade may be leveraged with funds that are 100x worth more than the value of your deposit. The loss resulting from this may, therefore, result in a margin call / total loss.
• Losses may be influenced by factors such as position build-up, sudden adverse movements in the market, and the accumulation of commissions and other charges.
• When there is an irregular or total absence of trade on some combinations, the price quotation on such orders may be unreliable or outdated, which may be caused by the absence of a counterparty and other reasons. In such an instance, the order for such Trading may not be readily available.
• World Markets does not give advice or recommend Trading activities, and may, therefore, have an undisclosed interest which may conflict with yours. For the avoidance of doubt, World Markets may, in some cases, act as a counterparty (act as a buyer or seller depending on whether you are selling or buying). Also, World Markets may offer prices which may not be the best price to you during transactions.
• Managed Trading Accounts are managed by 3rd party traders. Past performance is not indicative of future results. World Markets, its owners, staff, affiliates, or any partners under any circumstances shall have any liability to any person or entity for (a) any loss or damage in whole or part caused by, resulting from, or relating to any transactions related to OTC trading or (b) any direct, indirect, special, consequential or incidental damages whatsoever. Cryptocurrencies markets are unregulated services which are not governed by any specific European regulatory framework (including MiFID). Therefore when using our Trading Service you will not benefit from the protections available to clients receiving MiFID regulated investment services, such as access to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and the Financial Ombudsman Service for dispute resolution.
• World Markets or any bank or broker we use may become insolvent, thereby necessitating the closure of your account and Trading activities.
• Executing some orders at the usual or normal price may be impossible or relatively costly due to some certain market fluctuations or conditions. You may be notified (on short notice) to make additional marginal funds deposits. Not responding to this notice may follow with the liquidation of your liability for any deficit remaining in your account.
Due to the above factors, World Markets shall not be responsible or liable to you for any loss arising from any Trading activities based on any forecast, recommendation, or other information provided through our website. Any information, news, research, opinions, analyses, or prices contained on our website are provided based on personal opinion and do not in any way constitute investment or trading advice. World Markets will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, including but not limited to damages of any loss of profit, which may arise (directly or indirectly) from your use of or reliance on such information available on our website. Each Trading decision made by you is deemed solely an independent decision. World Markets does not in any way, act as an advisor or a fiduciary to you. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all liability claims, damages, losses, costs, and expenses that may arise from your use of our website for Trading activities.
By your use or continued use of World Markets, you represent to us that you have read, understand and agreed to this risk disclaimer. If you do not agree to it, kindly stop the use of World Markets and our services.